WOTFV AmeriCorps Program
WOTFV AmeriCorps Program is accepting member applications for the 2018-2019 service year!
WOTFV is accepting applications for members to serve at our partner host site organizations. Members will educate, create, implement, and promote activities and programs regarding physical activity and healthy eating to Fox Valley youth and adults. While creating a culture and environment that supports health, members will receive professional development, hands-on experience towards internal goals, and make a difference in the Fox Valley community.
Members will serve for a full calendar year, from 9/1/2018-8/15/2019. During this time, members will serve in either a full-time capacity of 1730 hours (average 34.5 hours/week) or half-time capacity of 930 hours (average 18.5 hours/week).
Members will receive a living allowance during their year of service and an education award to pay off student loans or tuition costs after successful completion!
Questions?? Contact Amanda Ross, AmeriCorps Project Manager: 920-735-5479 or email.
Congratulations to our selected partner host sites!
10 local Fox Valley organizations were selected to serve as partner host sites for our Weight of the Fox Valley AmeriCorps Program! Awarded host sites will host at least one AmeriCorps member to educate, create, implement, and promote activities and programs that support a culture and environment that supports health! Below is the list of awarded organizations:
- Calumet County Public Health/Ascension Calumet Hospital-Chilton, WI .
- City of Appleton Health Department-Appleton, WI
- Mosaic Family Health/Fox Valley Family Medicine Residency Program-Appleton, WI
- Riverview Gardens-Appleton, WI
- SOAR Fox Cities-Appleton, WI
- ThedaCare-Appleton, WI
- United Way Fox Cities-Menasha, WI
- UW-Oshkosh Head Start-Oshkosh, WI
- Winnebago County Health Department-Oshkosh, WI
- YMCA of the Fox Cities-Appleton, WI
For more information about the selected organizations, please see the AmeriCorps Host Site page.
WOTFV AmeriCorps Program advances to phase 4 of the funding process!
On June 7th, the Serve Wisconsin Board of Directors approved our application and is recommending our program be funded by the Corporation for National Community Service (CNCS). Our grant application will now move to be approved at the federal level by CNCS. The award announcement is tentative for mid-July.
AmeriCorps is a federally funded national service program, which engages over 80,000 members in service each year to address local and national problems through direct service. AmeriCorps members impact communities and organizations by increasing capacity and resources in an identified area of need. Members can serve in a variety of settings, including nonprofits, public agencies, faith-based and community organizations. In return for their year of service, members receive: extensive professional, educational and life experiences, a living stipend, and education award
WOTFV is a Tri-County community collaborative which focuses on creating an environment that makes it easy for Fox Valley residents to achieve and maintain a healthy weight at every age. For more information, click here.
WOTFV AmeriCorps Program will enroll members for a full calendar year (9/1/2018-8/15/2019). Members will be serving at either full time (average 34.5 hours/week) or half time (average 18.5 hours/week) capacity. Members will educate, create, implement, and promote activities and programs regarding physical activity and healthy eating to Fox Valley youth and adults to address the following WOTFV focus areas:
- Active Communities: To increase residents’ physical activity by providing more opportunities to be active in the community.
- Early Care & Education: To increase healthy eating and physical activity by children in the early care setting.
- Worksites: To increase access to and participation in worksite wellness programs for Fox Valley employees.
- Food System: To create and support a sustainable, healthy food system through policy and environmental change.
- School: to increase healthy eating and physical activity by children in the school setting
- Healthcare: To optimize healthcare systems and providers to augment prevention efforts and incorporate obesity prevention with treatment and care.
- Other: Increasing healthy eating habits and/or physical activity in other settings as defined by the selected partner host site.
^Peter Feldkamp serving with Weight of the Fox Valley