AmeriCorps is coming to WOTFV!!
We want you to be a partner host site!
Weight of the Fox Valley is looking for organizations to host an AmeriCorps member and is currently accepting applications for new partner organizations in Calumet, Outagamie, and Winnebago Counties to serve as AmeriCorps host sites. This member would serve part or full-time to create a culture and environment that supports a healthy lifestyle through education and other activities that promote active living and healthy eating. Please note, this opportunity is contingent on program funding.
- Week of April 23rd: Host site RFP released
- May 4th: Intent to Apply due. Click here to complete the Intent to Apply:
- May 30th: Application due by 4:30 p.m.
- June 8th: Announcement of selected host sites
- Week of June 25th: Host site supervisor training at United Way Fox Cities.
- End June-July: Finalization of member position descriptions; Host site MOUs due
- May- August: Member recruitment
- August 1st: 50% of total cash match due
- August: Site supervisor training. Date and location TBD
- September 1st: Members begin their service
AmeriCorps is a federally funded national service program, which engages over 80,000 members in service each year to address local and national problems through direct service. AmeriCorps members impact communities and organizations by increasing capacity and resources in an identified area of need. Members can serve in a variety of settings, including nonprofits, public agencies, faith-based and community organizations. In return for their year of service, members receive: extensive professional, educational and life experiences, a living stipend, and education award
WOTFV is a Tri-County community collaborative which focuses on creating an environment that makes it easy for Fox Valley residents to achieve and maintain a healthy weight at every age. For more information, click here.
What are the WOTFV AmeriCorps Program goals?
WOTFV is developing a program that will enroll AmeriCorps members for a full calendar year (9/1/2018-8/15/2019). Members will be serving at either full time (average 34.5 hours/week) or half time (average 18.5 hours/week) capacity. These members will expand or enhance health education services and resources that focus on healthy eating and physical activity to address the following WOTFV focus areas:
- Active Communities: To increase residents’ physical activity by providing more opportunities to be active in the community.
- Early Care & Education: To increase healthy eating and physical activity by children in the early care setting.
- Worksites: To increase access to and participation in worksite wellness programs for Fox Valley employees.
- Food System: To create and support a sustainable, healthy food system through policy and environmental change.
- School: to increase healthy eating and physical activity by children in the school setting
- Healthcare: To optimize healthcare systems and providers to augment prevention efforts and incorporate obesity prevention with treatment and care.
- Other: Increasing healthy eating habits and/or physical activity in other settings as defined by the selected partner host site.
^Peter Feldkamp serving with Weight of the Fox Valley