WOTFV AmeriCorps Program
WOTFV AmeriCorps Program is accepting member applications for the 2018-2019 service year!
WOTFV is currently recruiting one half-time member to serve with ThedaCare as a Lifestyle MedicPatient Coordinator! This member will enhance prevention efforts by incorporating lifestyle medicine education with treatment and care through support the Lifestyle Intervention Program. This member will serve an average of 25 hours/week and will receive a semi-monthly living allowance of $286.08. Upon successful completion of service, the member will also be eligible to receive a $2,960.00 education award, which can be used towards either existing student loans or future tuition costs.
Questions?? Contact Amanda Ross, AmeriCorps Program Manager: 920-735-5479 or email.
And they're off! The 2018-2019 service year has officially begun!
The 2018-2019 service year has officially begun! We currently have 8 AmeriCorps members serving at our partner host site organizations throughout the Fox Valley:
- Alyssa Hofacker, serving at Calumet County Public Health/Ascension Calumet Hospital
- Karen Warren, serving at Mosaic Family Health
- Amy Hingeveld, serving at Riverview Gardens
- Tammy Wittmann, serving at SOAR Fox Cities
- Nicole (Coley) Huebner, serving at United Way Fox Cities with WOTFV
- Miranda Dawson, serving at UW-Oshkosh Head Start
- Kelley Krueger, serving at Winnebago County Health Department
- Devin Minor, serving at the YMCA of the Fox Cities
Members began their service year with orientation and a service project at the Bruce B. Purdy Nature Center. Members assisted with trail maintenance in preparation for the Apple Creek YMCA 10K Trail Run.
A special thank you our presenters who presented at our member orientation:
- Ashley Tracey and Tyler DeBruin, East Central Wisconsin Regional Planning Commission
- Jill Carlson Groendyk, Community GroundWorks
- Dr. Kay Theyerl, ThedaCare
- Emily Dieringer, Winnebago County Health Department
- Jess Moyle, City of Appleton Health Department
AmeriCorps is a federally funded national service program, which engages over 80,000 members in service each year to address local and national problems through direct service. AmeriCorps members impact communities and organizations by increasing capacity and resources in an identified area of need. Members can serve in a variety of settings, including nonprofits, public agencies, faith-based and community organizations. In return for their year of service, members receive: extensive professional, educational and life experiences, a living stipend, and education award
WOTFV is a Tri-County community collaborative which focuses on creating an environment that makes it easy for Fox Valley residents to achieve and maintain a healthy weight at every age. For more information, click here.
WOTFV AmeriCorps Program will enroll members for a full calendar year (9/1/2018-8/15/2019). Members will be serving at either full time (average 34.5 hours/week) or half time (average 18.5 hours/week) capacity. Members will educate, create, implement, and promote activities and programs regarding physical activity and healthy eating to Fox Valley youth and adults to address the following WOTFV focus areas:
- Active Communities: To increase residents’ physical activity by providing more opportunities to be active in the community.
- Early Care & Education: To increase healthy eating and physical activity by children in the early care setting.
- Worksites: To increase access to and participation in worksite wellness programs for Fox Valley employees.
- Food System: To create and support a sustainable, healthy food system through policy and environmental change.
- School: to increase healthy eating and physical activity by children in the school setting
- Healthcare: To optimize healthcare systems and providers to augment prevention efforts and incorporate obesity prevention with treatment and care.
- Other: Increasing healthy eating habits and/or physical activity in other settings as defined by the selected partner host site.
^Peter Feldkamp serving with Weight of the Fox Valley