WOTFV AmeriCorps Program
The WOTFV AmeriCorps Program is accepting member applications for the 2019-2020 service year! Members will serve for a full calendar year (9/1/2019-8/31/2020) at partner organizations throughout Calumet, Outagamie, and Winnebago Counties. Members will educate, create, implement, and promote activities and programs regarding physical activity and healthy eating to Fox Valley youth and adults. While creating a culture and environment that supports health, members will receive professional development, hands-on experience towards internal goals, and make a difference in the Fox Valley community.
Members will serve in either a full-time capacity of 1700 hours (average 33 hours/week) or half-time capacity of 900 hours (average 17.5 hours/week). Members will receive a living allowance during their year of service and an education award to pay off federal student loans or tuition costs after successful completion!
Member Enrollment Timeline:
- Tuesday, September 3rd: First potential day members can begin their service
- September 11th-13th: New member orientation at United Way Fox Cities
- October 11th: Serve Wisconsin AmeriCorps Opening Ceremony @ Milwaukee, WI.
Contact Amanda Ross, the WOTFV AmeriCorps Program Manager.
WOTFV AmeriCorps proceeds in the funding process!
On Thursday, June 6th, the Serve Wisconsin Board of Directors approved funding for the WOTFV AmeriCorps Program! Our Program now moves to phase 4 (of 4) of the funding process to receive approval from the Corporation for National Community Service.
Host Site organizations have been selected for the 2019-2020 service year
WOTFV AmeriCorps is pleased to announce the following partner organizations have been selected to serve as host sites for the 2019-2020 service year:
- Calumet County Public Health-Chilton, WI
- Menasha Joint School District-Menasha, WI
- Mosaic Family Health-Appleton, WI
- Outagamie County Public Health, Appleton, WI
- Riverview Gardens-Appleton, WI
- SOAR Fox Cities-Appleton, WI
- United Way Fox Cities-Menasha, WI
- UW-Oshkosh Head Start-Oshkosh, WI
- Winnebago County Health Department-Oshkosh, WI
Click here to learn more about the selected host sites. (redirect to host site page)
And they're off! The 2018-2019 service year has officially begun!
The 2018-2019 service year has officially begun! We currently have 8 AmeriCorps members serving at our partner host site organizations throughout the Fox Valley:
- Alyssa Hofacker, serving at Calumet County Public Health/Ascension Calumet Hospital
- Karen Warren, serving at Mosaic Family Health
- Amy Hingeveld, serving at Riverview Gardens
- Tammy Wittmann, serving at SOAR Fox Cities
- Emily Terlap, serving at United Way Fox Cities
- Miranda Dawson, serving at UW-Oshkosh Head Start
- Kelley Krueger, serving at Winnebago County Health Department
- Devin Minor, serving at the YMCA of the Fox Cities
Members began their service year with orientation and a service project at the Bruce B. Purdy Nature Center. Members assisted with trail maintenance in preparation for the Apple Creek YMCA 10K Trail Run.
A special thank you our presenters who presented at our member orientation:
- Ashley Tracey and Tyler DeBruin, East Central Wisconsin Regional Planning Commission
- Jill Carlson Groendyk, Community GroundWorks
- Dr. Kay Theyerl, ThedaCare
- Emily Dieringer, Winnebago County Health Department
- Jess Moyle, City of Appleton Health Department
The WOTFV AmeriCorps Program mobilizes AmeriCorps Members at partner organizations throughout Calumet, Outagamie, and Winnebago Counties. These members educate, create, implement, and promote activities and programs related to physical activity and healthy eating. Members activities’ support numerous local programs, such as Farm to School, Farm to Early Care, Urban Farming, Lifestyle Wellness, WIC Education, Physical Education, Safe Routes to School, Special Olympics, and Worksite Wellness.
Members will serve for a full calendar year, from 9/1/2019-8/31/2020. During this time, members will serve in either a full-time capacity of 1700 hours or half-time capacity of 900 hours. While creating a culture and environment that supports health, members will receive professional development, hands-on experience towards internal goals, and make a difference in the Fox Valley community.
AmeriCorps is a federally funded national service program, which engages over 80,000 members in service each year to address local and national problems through direct service. AmeriCorps members impact communities and organizations by increasing capacity and resources in an identified area of need. Members can serve in a variety of settings, including nonprofits, public agencies, faith-based and community organizations. In return for their year of service, members receive: extensive professional, educational and life experiences, a living stipend, and education award
WOTFV is a Tri-County community collaborative which focuses on creating an environment that makes it easy for Fox Valley residents to achieve and maintain a healthy weight at every age. For more information, click here.
Members will serve for a full calendar year, from 9/3/2019 to 8/31/2020. During this time, members will serve in either a full-time capacity of 1700 hours (averaging 33 hours/week) or half-time capacity of 900 hours (averaging 17.5 hours/week). Members will educate, create, implement, and promote activities and programs regarding physical activity and healthy eating to address the following WOTFV focus areas:
- Active Communities: To increase residents’ physical activity by providing more opportunities to be active in the community.
- Early Care & Education: To increase healthy eating and physical activity by children in the early care setting.
- Worksites: To increase access to and participation in worksite wellness programs for Fox Valley employees.
- Food System: To create and support a sustainable, healthy food system through policy and environmental change.
- School: to increase healthy eating and physical activity by children in the school setting
- Healthcare: To optimize healthcare systems and providers to augment prevention efforts and incorporate obesity prevention with treatment and care.
- Other: Increasing healthy eating habits and/or physical activity in other settings as defined by the selected partner host site.
^2018-2019 WOTFV AmeriCorps Members learning about bicycle safety