Become an AmeriCorps Host Site!
We want you to be a partner host site!
Weight of the Fox Valley is looking for organizations to host an AmeriCorps member and is currently accepting application for new partner organizations in Calumet, Outagamie, and Winnebago Counties to serve as AmeriCorps host sites. This member would serve part or full-time to create a culture and environment that supports a healthy lifestyle through education and other activities that promote active living and healthy eating. Please note, this opportunity is contingent on program funding.
Interested? Click below for more information:
What's the application timeline?
- Week of April 23th: Host site RFP released
- May 4th: Intent to Apply due. Click here to complete the Intent to Apply.
- May 30th: Application due by 4:30 p.m.
- June 8th: Announcement of selected host sites
- Week of June 25th: Host site supervisor training at United Way Fox Cities.
- End June-July: Finalization of member position descriptions; Host site MOUs due
- May- August: Member recruitment
- August 1st: 50% of total cash match due
- August: Site Supervisor Training. Location and date: TBD
- September 1st: Members begin their service
What are the benefits of becoming a partner?
- Either a half time or full time member serves in your organization for a full calendar year
- Increased capacity to meet your organization’s internal goals and programs to create a culture and environment that supports healthy choices
- You recruit, interview, and select your own AmeriCorps member, who has a background or degree in: health and wellness, community health, health science, or related field
- No HR hassle!! WOTFV administers the program, including background checks, payroll, and benefits
- For more information about host site benefits, please review our host site informational flier.