Become an AmeriCorps Member!
WOTFV AmeriCorps Program is accepting member applications!
Weight of the Fox Valley is accepting applications for our 2018-2019 Service Year! Apply today!!
Funded by the Corporation for National Community Service, WOTFV AmeriCorps members will serve at 10 partner organizations throughout Calumet, Outagamie, and Winnebago Counties. Members will educate, create, implement, and promote activities and programs regarding physical activity and healthy eating to Fox Valley youth and adults. While creating a culture and environment that supports health, members will receive professional development, hands-on experience towards internal goals, and make a difference in the Fox Valley community.
Members will serve for a full calendar year, from 9/1/2018-8/15/2019. During this time, members will serve in either a full-time capacity of 1730 hours (average 34.5 hours/week) or half-time capacity of 930 hours (average 18.5 hours/week).
Members will receive a living allowance during their year of service and an education award to pay off student loans or tuition costs after successful completion!
WOTFV is a multi-site AmeriCorps Program which partners with 10 Fox Valley organizations to improve and promote a healthy lifestyle through physical activity and healthy eating to Fox Valley youth and adults. Members will serve at our partner host sites to create and deliver health education, increase capacity to new or ongoing obesity prevention initiatives, and recruit and mobilize volunteers. As each host site has different needs and programs, each host site has different member position descriptions and duties.
The list below provides a general overview of each host site's member opportunities:
Calumet County Public Health/Ascension Calumet Hospital-Chilton, WI
- Overview: Calumet County Public Health and Ascension Calumet Hospital are looking for a full-time member to improve the health of youth throughout Calumet County. Examples of member activities include: coordinating and leading Farm to School and Farm to Early Care activities to improve healthy eating habits; planning school and community and/or worksite events that promote physical activity; and developing materials and educating early care students about healthy habits.
City of Appleton Health Department-Appleton, WI
- Overview: City of Appleton Health Department is looking for one half-time member who will be creating and delivering health education and community awareness campaigns promoting physical activity and healthy eating to Appleton youth and adults.
Mosaic Family Health/Fox Valley Family Medicine Residency Program-Appleton, WI
- Program overview coming soon!
Riverview Gardens-Appleton, WI
- Overview:A full-time AmeriCorps member will assist Riverview Gardens in supporting their ServiceWorks program and food sustainability through the Urban Farm. Members will recruit and guide program participants and additional volunteers to assist with day to day development on the Urban Farm.
SOAR Fox Cities-Appleton, WI
- Overview: SOAR Fox Cities is looking for two half-time AmeriCorps members who will expand services within their Adult and Special Olympics Program to expand services provided related to healthy lifestyles. One member serving with the Adult Program will create and deliver health education lessons and activities, focused on healthy eating and physical activity to individuals with disabilities. Another member will support the Special Olympics program to recruit athletes/individuals to participate, incorporate and promote physical activity into Events, and educate and promote physical activity to participants and their families.
- Program overview coming soon!
United Way Fox Cities-Menasha, WI
- Overview: United Way Fox Cities is looking for a full-time AmeriCorps member to expand the reach in the Fox Valley related to healthy lifestyles in the early care, worksite, and community settings, through health education and increasing access to opportunities for healthy eating and physical activity.
UW-Oshkosh Head Start-Oshkosh, WI
- Overview: UW-Oshkosh Head Start is looking for a half-time AmeriCorps member who would provide health education and support to our youngest learners (3-5 year olds) and their families. The member would be responsible for creating and delivering nutrition education through Farm to Early Care activities to Heads Start students. Members will also create and share activities with staff, children and families to increase their level of physical activity outside and inside the classroom, and at home.
Winnebago County Health Department-Oshkosh, WI
- Overview: Winnebago County Health Department is searching for a full-time member to support Winnebago County’s youngest residents through encouraging and improving access to physical activity, health eating, and breastfeeding. This includes implementing health education outreach and relationship building to businesses, schools, and residents, recruiting and managing volunteers, and participate coalition meetings to support new or ongoing projects throughout the county.
YMCA of the Fox Cities-Appleton , WI
- Overview: YMCA of the Fox Cities is looking for two full-time members, one of which will focus on Workplace and School Wellness, which includes developing and implementing wellness offerings (including health fairs, lunch and learns, health coaching, and wellness screenings) and nutrition education to Fox Valley elementary students. The other member will focus on Healthy Lifestyle Programs, which includes coordinating a Diabetes Prevention Program and assisting with the Live Strong and Stay Strong programs.
Click below for more detailed information about each host site's service opportunities.
Please note, host sites are still completing their final position descriptions, so the service opportunities below may change. The finalized position descriptions will be added when available.
- Make a difference in the Fox Valley community
- Professional development in community health field
- Hands-on experience
- Networking opportunities
- Health insurance (single coverage eligible for full-time members only)
- Child-care subsidy (if eligible; for full-time members only)
- Receive a living allowance stipend for your year of service:
- Full-time members (who serve 1730 hours) will receive $13,732.00*
- Half-time members (who serve 930 hours) will receive $6866.00*
- Receive and education award towards your student loans or tuition costs after a successful year of service!
- Full-time members will receive: $5920.00
- Half-time members will receive: $2960.00
- Student loan forbearance
*WOTFV AmeriCorps Program is contingent on funding, which may slightly impact these values.
Interested in applying?? Click below for the Member Application
Questions? Contact Amanda Ross, AmeriCorps Project Manager: 920-735-5479 or email.
Please note, this opportunity is contingent on program funding.