Chickpea Salad Sandwich
- Loaf of whole wheat bread
- 1 can drained and rinsed chickpeas
- 1/3 cup finely chopped pickles
- 1/3 cup finely chopped celery stalk
- 1/4 cup finely chopped red onions
- 2-3 Tbsp mayo or 1/2 avocado
- Pepper and salt to taste
Beverage and Dessert:
- 1 quart of skim milk
- Bundle of grapes
Less than 30 minutes to dinner:
1. In a medium bowl, mash all of the chickpeas with a potato masher until almost all of the beans are broken down. A few whole chickpeas left is ok.
2. Add the rest of the ingredients except mayo or avocado, mix well with a spoon.
3. Add mayo or avocado, mix well. Taste and adjust the seasoning.
4. Let the chickpea salad rest in the fridge for a least an hour to let the flavors blend together. The salad will keep in the fridge for 2-3 days/.
5. Serving with a serving of grapes and skim milk.
1 complete meal and serving
- 1 Chickpea Salad Sandwich
- 3/4 cup grapes
- 1 cup skim milk
Nutrients of sandwich:
- 150 calories
- 5g total fat
- 6g protein
*nutrition information doesn't include the whole wheat bread and mayo.
All rights reserved to ThedaCare