Baked Chicken Parmesan
- 4 (about 8 each) chicken breast, fat trimmed, sliced in half to make 8
- 3/4 cup seasoned breadcrumbs (could use whole wheat)
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 2 tbsp. butter, melted (or olive oil)
- 3/4 cup reduced fat mozzarella cheese
- 1 cup marinara
- Cooking Spray
1. Preheat oven to 450°. Spray a large baking sheet lightly with spray.
2. Combine breadcrumbs and parmesan cheese in a bowl. Melt the butter in another bowl. Lightly brush the butter onto the chicken, then dip into breadcrumb mixture. Place on baking sheet and repeat with the remaining chicken.
3. Lightly spray a little more oil on top and bake in the oven for 20 minutes. Turn chicken over, bake another 5 minutes.
4. Remove from oven, spoon 1 tbsp sauce over each piece of chicken and top each with 1 1/2 tbsp of shredded mozzarella cheese.
5. Bake 5 more minutes or until cheese is melted.
- Calories: 251
- Carbohydrates: 14 g
- Protein: 31.5 g
- Fat: 9.5 g; Cholesterol: 14 mg
- Fiber: 1.5 g