Sweet Potato Enchiladas
- 2 large sweet potatoes, peeled, and cubed
- ½ cup of salsa
- ½ cup of frozen corn
- ½ cup of black beans, rinsed and drained
- 2 cups of red enchilada sauce
- 1 small onion
- 6-8 tortilla shells
- 2 cups of shredded cheese, divided
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- ¼ tsp cumin and chili powder
- Optional garnishes: cilantro, avocado, plain green yogurt, etc.
- Peel and cube sweet potatoes into 1/4'’ cubes. Add 1 tbsp olive oil, dash of salt, cumin, and chili powder. Roast in oven at 425F for 20 minutes or until tender.
- Sauté onion in a 1 tsp olive oil. Add beans, salsa, and corn to pan. Sauté for about 3 minutes. Mix in sweet potatoes and remove from heat.
- Spray 8x10 baking dish and add 1 cup of enchilada sauce to bottom of dish. Assemble enchiladas by scooping sweet potato mixture on to tortillas and sprinkle cheese on the top. Roll up tightly placing seam side down. Repeat until mixture is gone.
- Pour remaining enchilada sauce on the top of tortillas. Sprinkle 1 cup of cheese on top.
- Bake for 20 minutes or until cheese is bubbly at 350F. Serve with optional garnishes.
Recipe by Natalie Hartjes, UW Green Bay Dietetic Intern