Contributor: Tierney Wittmann, Program Assistant at Weight of the Fox Valley
During the hustle and bustle of our busy schedules, it might seem impossible to take time for yourself, but self-care is crucial when it comes to living a healthy and balanced lifestyle. Here are 5 simple tips on how you can incorporate self-care in your life:
- Take a breather- when your to-do list keeps piling up and stress seems inevitable, take time to destress and focus on one thing at a time. Little things like taking a walk, exercising, meditating, and taking a mental break can get you motivated to cross another thing off your list!
- Catch your zzz’s- sleep is always a great way to get you rejuvenated for another day AND it has endless health benefits! Click here to read about the essentials of sleep.
- Eat those fruits and veggies- eating healthy not only fills your body with nutrients, but also boosts your mood! The power of food can go a long way, and don’t worry, WOTFV has many resources for you to learn more.
- Get active- did you know that exercising releasesendorphins and has many health benefits to your brain? There are many ways to incorporate moving into your schedule whether it’s at work, indoors, or outside. Click here for active living tips.
- Have fun! - make sure you have time to do things that you enjoy like reading a book, cooking, getting together with friends or family, listening to music and whatever else your heart desires! Scheduling time for fun activities not only makes you happier, but gives you something to look forward to each day.